Rules & Regulations
Chinmaya Vidyalaya is known for maintaining a high standard of discipline in the campus and shall continue this tradition to ensure a free and congenial environment for all its students to pursue their studies without any distraction.
- Every student in the school shall at all times display good behavior, show diligence in studies, maintain decorum and dignity, take due interest in co-curricular activities, observe a code of conduct both within and outside the campus in a manner befitting the student of a school of national stature and observe all the rules of discipline of the school.
- Each student shall show due respect and courtesy to the teachers, administrators, and other employees in and outside the school and good neighbourly behaviour towards the fellow students and others.
- Any violation of the code of conduct or breach of any rule or regulation of the school as laid down in the school diary by a student shall constitute an act of indiscipline and shall make him / her liable for disciplinary action which will be taken by the duly constituted Disciplinary.
- School Almanac should be brought daily to school by It is not to be used as a rough note book but used regularly by each student to note homework and instructions given by the teachers.
- Each child should read all the instructions given in the diary thoroughly. All students are expected to learn all the shlokas and songs to enhance their performance in Value Education
- Students who come to school on their own should reach the school latest by 8 am. Late comers shall be sent back home. Students who use own transport to reach school are to especially note this point.
- No student is allowed to leave the school by his personal conveyance without permission or meet outsiders or ex-students during school hours.
- The student must submit an application explaining his / her Absenteeism for more than seven days without prior permission from the Principal will result in the name being struck off rolls.
- Students should always be neatly dressed in their well ironed school uniform with their shoes Boys are required to keep hair trim and short. No fancy haircuts allowed. No fancy jewellery is to be worn. Growing of nails, use of nail paint and colouring of hair is forbidden. Long hair is to be plaited neatly.
- Students are expected to keep the campus neat and they are advised to make use of the dustbins provided for throwing bits of papers and Say 'No' to Polybags.
- Students are advised not to bring costly articles i.e., fountain pens, jewellery etc. to school. The school will not be responsible for articles or cash lost. Borrowing or lending money or other articles is strictly forbidden.
- Students are advised to deposit unclaimed articles found in the school with their class teacher and check for lost articles from the HM's.
- Students who come to school under the care of their escort, should not go home on their own, but should wait for them after the school is Parents are responsible to ensure that their wards are dropped and picked up from the school on time.
- Students are not allowed to bring Mobile Phones, iPods or Diskman to If such articles are found with any student, they will be confiscated by school till the end of term. In case of emergency, access to telephone is allowed with the permission of the HMs / Senior Secondary Coordinators.
- The students of Chinmaya Vidyalaya are expected to set a standard of good conduct and good behaviour in the school, in the bus, at home and public places i.e. act as an ambassador of the school in all situations creating goodwill for the institution everywhere. They are expected to greet their teachers and elders whenever they meet them.
- Parents are advised not to call for their wards from the class in order to attend any social function except in unavoidable.
- Appointment with dentist / doctor may desirably be taken on a Saturday or after school hours on working days.
- Group or individual play in the class room and verandah is strictly prohibited.
- Running in the corridors / verandah is not allowed.
- No student shall shout or whistle in the school building or use foul language inside or outside.
- Students must take care of the school Damaging school furniture and property, writing on the walls and disfiguring visuals is strictly forbidden. Any damage done to the school property will be recovered individually or collectively from the defaulter / defaulters.
- The school reserves the right to suspend a student for indiscipline or any act of any repeated act will cause expulsion from the school as per norms.
- The school insists on instilling worthy values of life and a deep sense of responsibility based on their understanding of duties.
- A firm foundation is to be laid in education and character-building.
- The school insists on a parallel and equal parental effort in developing self-study habits under parental.
- Leave without reason is to be discouraged.
- Prior permission for outstation travel is to be sought from the Principal
Acts of Indiscipline
The following shall constitute acts of indiscipline and the students indulging in any of them shall be liable to disciplinary action against them. The Principal retains the right to take appropriate action or even leading to expulsion in case the offence is of a serious nature as per norms prevalent.
No mobiles Allowed
No damage to school propety
No whistling or shouting
- Disobeying the teachers and displaying misdemeanor within and outside the School.
- Indulging in vandalism / violence and damaging school property or property of any other student.
- Use of mobile, iPod, camera or any electronic gadget within the campus or school.
- Quarrelling, fighting and passing derogatory remarks in the school premises against the fellow students / teacher / employees / canteen workers.
- Indulging in ragging directly or indirectly, which is strictly prohibited as per Supreme Court.
- Consumption, carrying and sale of drugs / alcohol / intoxicants / tobacco etc.
- Any type of harassment whether physical, verbal, mental, emotional, sexual or electronic.
- Late arrival in class or bunking of assigned classes.
- Frequent default in submitting work assigned.
- Not wearing the proper school uniform.
- Bursting crackers or throwing colour on one another within or near the school
- Not carrying the school almanac or the school identity.
- Trespassing on school campus property after school timings.
- Damaging, scribbling or tearing pages from library books, texts or exercise books.